- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2021 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
- Program coordinator
- Dr Libby Swanepoel
Learn how to make food for people with different dietary needs from registered nutritionists and accredited practising dietitians, who will teach you practical knowledge about the nutrition industry.
You’ll use our specialised teaching kitchen to learn about nutrition and health.
Upon graduation you also have the opportunity to continue your research in specialist areas with an honours year and work towards a Master of Health Promotion or Master of Sports Nutrition by Research.
In this program you will:
- Cook in our specialised teaching kitchen
- Learn about food preparation, processing and preservation
- Gain industry experience in a work placement
- Specialise in a range of minors designed to help you build specialist expertise, in areas like nutritional science, public health nutrition, health promotion, healthy public policy, sustainability, food science and safety, sport and exercise nutrition, agriculture and aquaculture, Indigenous studies, social media or journalism
- Choose from a wide range of elective courses to further broaden your knowledge in a complementary discipline
Before undertaking a work-integrated learning placement,you must obtain a Blue Card (Working with Children Check).
- Food service and menu support
- Community nutrition
- Nutrition policy development
- Public health nutrition
- Health promotion
- Nutrition journalism
- Nutrition marketing and support for food industry
- Corporate nutritionist
- Sport and exercise nutrition and public relations
Graduates are eligible to become members of:
- Nutrition Society of Australia
- The Public Health Association of Australia
- The Australian Health Promotion Association
- The World Public Health Nutrition Association
- Eligible for enrolment in the Accredited Nutritionist Program of the Dietitians Association of Australia (with appropriate experience/further qualifications)
Study at USC Moreton Bay
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.
Related newsUSC Newsroom
Dietetics student takes the roads less travelled1 July
A USC Dietetics student planning a series of work placements across regional Queensland in the next six months has won a $1,500 scholarship to help fund her journey of more than 2,000km.
Identical twins cater to nutrition needs of Lightning3 August 2020
Identical twin sisters with USC Nutrition and Dietetics degrees are working to boost the power performances of Sunshine Coast Lightning players this season.