Get yourself ready to run the show.
You can step up your business management expertise and open the door to even higher educational potential down the track with this program. The Graduate Diploma aims to broaden your management skills and take your career to a senior level. Focus on detailed practical skill development in real business settings to deepen your problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2021 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
The theoretical components of the program will be applied through working with local business people. This also provides beneficial networking and possible employment opportunities. Specialise in a management area of your choice such as decision-making, economics, marketing, management, law, ethics or informatics.
It’s 8 courses and effectively means you have completed almost three-quarters of a Master in Business Administration (MBA). Choose to upgrade your qualification later on by completing an additional 4 courses to earn an MBA - the international standard for graduate business qualifications.
To be considered for admission candidates would normally be required to:
- possess an undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent
- have at least two years relevant full-time equivalent work or other relevant experience; and
- candidates whose first language is other than English must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements
Apply for senior management roles in government and across a diverse range of businesses and industries.
Sunshine Coast and Online intakes are:* Session 1, Session 2, Session 3, Session 5, Session 6, Session 7.
*Session 1 and Session 7 intakes are an accelerated study sequence only
*Session 2, Session 3 and Session 5 can be completed in either standard or accelerated study sequence
*Session 6 can be completed in a standard or accelerated study sequence. International students must complete the accelerated study sequence
Required courses (4) 48 units
Elective courses (4) 48 units
Select 4 courses from any 500 or 700 level courses from the School of Business and Creative Industries.
These electives can be used to study courses in the following interest areas:
- Economics, Accounting and Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Health Sector Business Management
- Information and Communications Technology
- Global Business
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 96
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 96 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Completing this program within the specified (full-time) duration is based on studying 48 unit points per semester (normally 4 courses) and following the recommended study sequence
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Only a full-time study option is available to international students on a Student Visa
- Online study mode not available to international students on a Student Visa
- Refer to the Managing your progression page for help in understanding your program structure, reviewing your progress and planning remaining courses
Related newsUSC Newsroom
New short USC courses to help businesses thrive2 June
Business people in the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Fraser Coast regions will have the chance to boost their operations and aspirations through five Business short courses being offered by USC.
USC helps small business owners plan for success29 September 2020
A free USC workshop series will give small business owners and managers in the Moreton Bay region the chance to learn how to future-proof their success while earning credit towards a Business degree.