Fast track your career ambitions.
You can put management roles firmly in your sights with this program. It’s designed to expand your skills set to meet the increasing demands of doing business in today’s world. This program is skills-focused, offering practical work experience to build your management knowledge and problem-solving capabilities.
- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2021 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
You will explore current business issues and learn the key functional areas of an organisation. The program covers loads of theory but concentrates on how that is used practically in a business. USC adds value to the program by giving you opportunities to network with business leaders and to experience the real challenges they face and how they manage them.
Choose what interests you most from courses in decision-making, economics, marketing, management, law, ethics or infomatics. You can opt to study for the Graduate Certificate online. It is a 4 course program which enables you to upgrade your study to the Master of Business Administration later on.
To be considered for admission candidates would normally be required to:
- possess an undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent *
- have at least two years relevant full-time equivalent work or other relevant experience; and
- candidates whose first language is other than English must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements
* Applicants who do not possess an undergraduate degree but have at least three years’ relevant full-time equivalent work or other relevant experience may be admitted to the qualifying Graduate Certificate in Business Administration. Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration will qualify the candidate for entry into the Master of Business Administration for completion of the remaining courses.
Apply for management positions in government, business and across a diverse range of industries.
Sunshine Coast and Online intakes will be Session 1, Session 2, Session 3, Session 5, Session 6, Session 7.
Required courses (2) 24 units
Elective courses (2) 24 units
Select 2 courses from any 500 or 700 level courses from the School of Business and Creative Industries.
Electives can be used to study courses in the following interest areas:
- Economics, Accounting and Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Health Sector Business Management
- Information and Communications Technology
- Global Business
Note: Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 48
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 48 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Completing this program within the specified (full-time) duration is based on studying 48 unit points per semester (normally 4 courses) and following the recommended study sequence
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Only a full-time study option is available to international students on a Student Visa
- Online study mode not available to international students on a Student Visa
- Refer to the Managing your progression page for help in understanding your program structure, reviewing your progress and planning remaining courses.
Related newsUSC Newsroom
New short USC courses to help businesses thrive2 June
Business people in the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Fraser Coast regions will have the chance to boost their operations and aspirations through five Business short courses being offered by USC.
Free planning course for Moreton Bay businesses8 February
The success of a six-week planning course in helping small business owners and managers in the Moreton Bay region tackle the challenges and opportunities of a COVID economy has prompted a second series from Thursday 4 March.
USC helps small business owners plan for success29 September 2020
A free USC workshop series will give small business owners and managers in the Moreton Bay region the chance to learn how to future-proof their success while earning credit towards a Business degree.