Train your mind to help others improve their health.
Exercise scientists use the science of human movement to help people improve their health and fitness, and to prevent common lifestyle diseases. This program teaches you the science and theories behind human movement and sporting performance and gives you the hands-on skills to work as a qualified exercise scientist.
In this program you will:
- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2021 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
- Program coordinators
- Dr Dale Lovell Dr Max Stuelcken
- Gain in-depth knowledge in areas such as functional anatomy, motor control and learning, exercise physiology and biomechanics
- Test and train athletes in USC’s nationally accredited sports science labs
- Learn about sports psychology, performance analysis, coaching and exercise rehabilitation
- Get hands-on experience through a minimum of 270 hours of supervised professional practice
Our sport and exercise science teaching staff are highly qualified specialists, and several have held major coaching and sport science roles with high profile international sporting teams. Our sport and exercise science laboratory facilities are recognised nationally, USC is the first Australian university to receive laboratory accreditation under the National Sport Science Quality Assurance Program.
Students must complete a minimum of 140 hours of supervised practice to be eligible for accreditation. Before undertaking placements (e.g. by year 3), students must provide evidence of immunisations, first aid training, satisfactory criminal history check, and hold a current blue card (working with children check). Students may also be required to complete QLD Health orientation package.
Exercise scientist, strength and conditioning coach, sports laboratory technician, sports development officer, physical activity and health promotion officer, sports coach.
Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) and Sports Medicine Australia. Please note: External accreditation requirements for this program allow for credit transfer to be granted for study completed at minimum of AQF level 7 Bachelor degree level only. Credit transfer cannot be granted for study completed at TAFE/RTO level (Advanced Diploma or lower), or for non formal learning.
USC's Exercise Science laboratories are accredited with the Australian Institute of Sport's National Sport Science Quality Assurance program.
The Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science is accredited at the level of Exercise Science with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA). Graduates from this program may identify themselves as exercise scientists. Students enrolled prior to 2016 should refer to the handbook applicable to the time of their admission.
Study at USC Moreton Bay
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.