Launch your music career
USC’s Bachelor of Music is your ticket to a sustainable career in the modern music industry. Taught by award-winning industry professionals and recording artists, this degree builds your creative, technical, performance and entrepreneurial skills to prepare you for a dynamic future.
- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2021 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
In this degree you will:
- Hone your songwriting and performance craft under the guidance of leading industry practitioners, including ARIA award-winning artists
- Develop your music production and sound design skills by managing recording sessions in USC’s custom-built recording and editing studios
- Learn about all aspects of the modern music economy, including music management, intellectual property management, public relations, agency operations and more
- Get hands-on experience through a major industry project to facilitate your employability as a contemporary creative practitioner
- Music producer
- Recording artist
- Music publisher
- Record label operator
- Touring Manager
- Music events/promotion officer
- Studio/sound engineer
- Music entrepreneur
- Sound designer
How to apply
To apply for the Bachelor of Music, you must submit a completed application (via QTAC or Apply USC) and a digital portfolio.
If you are a USC student due to complete your current program prior to your intended semester of commencement, or a former USC student (with an enrolment within the past two years), you are eligible to apply direct using ApplyUSC. All other applicants apply via QTAC.
For information about the requirements for your digital portfolio submission, visit Digital portfolio submission guide for the Bachelor of Music.
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.