In this course, you will study the foundations of songwriting and sound recording in a studio environment. You will be guided by lecturers and industry practitioners as you engage in the basic theories and skills of lyric writing, harmony, melody, and musical form. You will apply that knowledge in a number of music production tasks including recording, overdubbing, mixing, editing and mastering. These tasks and knowledge will culminate in a produced original sound recording of your original song.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- Clinical Psych, Foreign Languages, Visual & Performing Arts:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.