This course examines the construction and maintenance of cultural difference and identity in the context of Australian immigration and multiculturalism. It explores how the concepts of identity, cultural diversity, representation, and racism unfold in the public domain and how minorities are represented as the 'other'. Furthermore, the course explores contemporary debates surrounding national identity, global citizenship, social inclusion, governance, and Australia's treatment of asylum seekers.
- Any 2 courses
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4D
- Tuition fee
- 1.4D: Human Society, Society & Culture, Sport & Recreation
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.