Turn your passion for sport into a creative and innovative career.
Combine core sport science knowledge with complementary skills in areas like sports media, sports journalism, sports administration, event management, marketing, public relations and business management, to prepare you for a range of careers in the growing sport and fitness industries.
- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2021 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
- Program coordinator
- Professor Brendan Burkett
In this program you will:
- Learn about the modern sports industry at local, national and international levels.
- Tailor your studies with flexible pathways to suit your own interests and career goals.
- Gain the skills to be job-ready for a range of sport and fitness careers.
- Experience multiple workplace learning opportunities.
- Sports journalist
- Sports marketer
- Sports administration
- Public relations
- Sport and outdoor activity development
- Sport and tourism event planner
- Sports business manager
This program does not meet the application eligibility requirements for Exercise Scientist or Sport Scientist membership of Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA). If professional membership in a sport or coaching area is required consider the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science or the Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology.
However, the program provides graduates with highly relevant knowledge and skills closely aligned to a wide variety of career opportunities including: sports journalism; sports and outdoor adventure related media; public relations for teams, organisations and athletes; sports and tourism event planning and coordination; sports business management; and marketing sports related events, businesses and products.
Study at USC Moreton Bay
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.
Related newsUSC Newsroom
‘Virtual’ win motivates USC runner ahead of state championships3 September 2020
When 18-year-old USC student athlete Ben Tacey lines up at Ipswich this Saturday for the 8km race in the Queensland Athletics Cross Country Championships, he’ll be able to see and hear the competitors he hopes to beat.