Build your expertise in education practice
It's imperative that professional educators continually extend their knowledge of educational issues to improve educational outcomes. Underpinned by a strong foundation in educational practice, this program will deepen your knowledge of key educational issues and grow your education research capabilities.
- Please note this program is designed to be studied part-time
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
In this program you will:
- Undertake a professional project in education or guided research in areas of individual and professional interest and build your expertise associated with a particular issue in education.
- Enjoy a flexible, blended learning degree that includes face-to-face components supported by online lectures, tutorials and study notes. This program is designed to be undertaken in part-time mode to integrate with a busy lifestyle
- Learn from a team of dedicated experts who will guide and support you throughout your studies
- Specialise in Steiner Education, Educational Leadership, Education Research or Advanced Education Studies. If you complete a specialisation, you can exit with a Graduate Certificate in Steiner Education or a Graduate Certificate in Education Research.
If you plan to later study the Doctor of Philosophy, you should complete the Education Research Specialisation within the Master of Education.
The Master of Education is aimed at educators currently working in the field and does not qualify graduates for teacher registration. It provides innovative knowledge in education to advance your career in early childhood, primary and secondary teaching, education administration, workplace training, vocational education.
Candidates for the award of Master of Education are normally required to hold:
- an appropriate 4-year bachelor degree (AQF Level 7 or equivalent) qualification in the education discipline from a recognised tertiary institution or equivalent, or
- Graduate Certificate in Education (AQF Level 8 or equivalent), or similar qualification
Students that have a 3-year bachelor degree in the education discipline or a bachelor degree qualification in a discipline other than education, entry to the Master of Education can be through the completion of the Graduate Certificate in Education, or similar qualification. Students admitted to the program on the basis of completion of the Graduate Certificate in Education will not be eligible for credit.
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.
Related newsUSC Newsroom
USC degree takes doctor from clinic to classroom9 February
A medical doctor and clinical researcher of 10 years who treated children with polio in rural India and Nigeria has become a Sunshine Coast high school teacher, encouraging more teenagers – particularly women – into maths and science professions.
Teachers praised for efforts during disrupted year30 October 2020
Some of the region's top teachers have been recognised by USC as part of the University's celebration of World Teachers' Day.