Become a specialist in Steiner philosophy.
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
Advance your teaching career and become a specialist in Steiner philosophy with this flexible graduate certificate. The only qualification of its kind in Australia, USC’s program offers the opportunity to connect theory and practice, and work with experts and like minded educators to develop your pedagogy. Graduates are in demand in Steiner schools all over the world due to an international shortage of qualified Steiner teachers.
The program includes weekly online lectures that can be viewed at your own convenience, engaging weekly classes delivered online in real time, and a compulsory two-day weekend intensive for each course (four intensives in total).
In this program you will:
- Complete four specialist courses in Steiner Education
- Learn from fully trained and qualified Steiner teachers and study with a cohort of like minded peers
- Develop the skills and knowledge you need to advance your teaching career in Steiner/Waldorf schools, both in Australia and overseas
Looking for an advanced qualification? Upon successful completion of the four Steiner Education courses, you can choose to progress to a Master of Education.
This program is fully recognised by Steiner Education Australia.
Note: The Graduate Certificate in Steiner Education is a postgraduate education program open to applicants with current teaching registration. This program does not qualify graduates for teacher registration.
A student entering the Graduate Certificate in Steiner Education will normally be required to hold a four-year bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) qualification from a recognised institution, or equivalent qualification.
USC is offering a limited number of Commonwealth supported places in the Graduate Certificate in Steiner Education in 2022. To be eligible for a Commonwealth supported place you must be a domestic student, and meet the citizenship and residency requirements. For more information visit Commonwealth supported places. Eligible students are able to defer payment through HECS‑HELP.
How to apply
To apply for the Graduate Certificate in Steiner Education, submit the completed online application form via Apply USC. Commonwealth supported places will be allocated to eligible students who meet the entry requirements in order of application date, so apply as soon as possible.
Required courses (4) 48 units
|Course||Semester of offer||Units||Requisites|
|EDU781 Contemporary Issues in Steiner Education||12||Pre: ED510 or ED705|
|EDU782 The Art of Steiner Education||12||Pre: Enrolled in Program ED510 or ED705|
|EDU783 Steiner Curriculum Development and Evaluation||12||Pre: Enrolled in Program ED510 or ED705|
|EDU784 Assessment Principles and Practice in Steiner Education||12||Pre: Enrolled in Program ED510 or ED705|
Total units: 48
Program requirements and notes
- Successfully complete 48 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- This program is available for part time study only
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Not available to International students on a Student Visa
- All courses available on campus at Sippy Downs