Graduate Certificate in Applied Support Work
The Graduate Certificate in Applied Support Work is an introduction to the evidence-based application of psychological principles relevant to a support worker.
In this program you will:
- Designed for people working, or intending to work, in a broad range of allied health fields including community work, aged care, social care and health settings
- Amass knowledge and skills in the areas of motivation and emotions and the principles of behaviour change, as well as an introduction to the fundamentals of abnormal psychology and basics of therapeutic communication skills
- Gain the psychological basis for understanding and improving their work practice
This program is not currently open for applications
DurationFull-time or equivalent part-time Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
Indicative 2023 fees ($AUD)Fee-paying
- 1 year 1 year
- UniSC program code
Completion of an undergraduate degree (AQF 7 or equivalent) from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent.
Additional entry information
Standard English language requirements apply.
- Completing this program within the specified (part-time) duration is based on studying 24-unit points per semester (normally 2 courses) and following the recommended study sequence.
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified.
- It is each student’s responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates.
- Courses within this program are assessed using a variety of assessment methods which may include essays, examinations, seminar presentations, reports, in-class tests, simulated case work and practical demonstrations.
Refer to the Managing your progression page for help in understanding your program structure, reviewing your progress and planning remaining courses.
- Aged care
- Allied health
- Community work
- Miscellaneous health settings
- Social care
- Fee-paying estimate
- A$11,802 - 2023 Fees
Postgraduate coursework places
All postgraduate coursework programs are subject to tuition fees unless the postgraduate program is offered under Commonwealth support arrangements.
Eligible students (Australian citizens, permanent humanitarian visa holders and New Zealand Citizens who hold a Special Category Visa and meet the eligibility requirements) may seek assistance to defer payment via a FEE-HELP loan.
“The highlight for me was the opportunity to make a number of life-long friends and enjoy the laid-back and supportive atmosphere of the Fraser Coast campus, and I enjoyed the flexibility to complete some online subjects”.