This course equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to evaluate, undertake and commission social research. In order to critically understand how social data are produced, analysed and interpreted, the connections between epistemological underpinnings, theoretical orientations, methodology and methods are explored. You will formulate and design a research proposal and undertake practical key research methods. Debates concerning the relationship of science to social research, ethics, the power and purposes of research and research with minorities and marginalised groups are examined.
- Enrolled in a Postgraduate Program
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4D
- Tuition fee
- 1.4D: Human Society, Society & Culture, Sport & Recreation
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.