This course will develop your knowledge and understanding of dispute resolution (DR) as an integral part of the Australian legal system. You will gain an understanding of interpersonal conflict theory and the principles of non-adversarial dispute resolution. The course will enable you to assess the needs and interests of disputants and to identify and use the most appropriate DR process to resolve a dispute. A number of non-adversarial processes will be examined, and you will have the opportunity to develop basic practical skills in negotiation and mediation.
- LAW202 and LAW204 and enrolled in any Law Program or UU301 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 3
- Tuition fee
- Law, Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.