Thinking about studying abroad for one semester?
If your answer is yes, then USC’s Study Abroad program is the program for you!
This program is only available to international students.
- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2021 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- ^ Study Abroad tuition fees are based on either a three (36 units) or four (48 units) course enrolment load. Approved over-enrolment (e.g. in 5 courses per semester) is charged on a per course basis.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
USC’s Study Abroad program is a short semester based program, allowing you the flexibility to study 3 or 4 courses (36 or 48 units) throughout the semester.
Flexibility to plan your studies
This program is a great option if you have just finished high school and want to study abroad without committing to a degree program. It is also a good option, if you are currently enrolled at an overseas institution and only want to study abroad for a short time, while possibly earning credit towards your home degree.
This program is offered over:
- 1 semester (4 months), or
- 2 semesters (1 year)
Take classes with the locals
You will be able to choose 3 or 4 courses (36 or 48 units) from USC’s extensive course catalogue. The courses on offer are taken directly from within USC’s undergraduate programs, which means you have the opportunity to take classes with the locals and you will have a wide range of study disciplines to choose from.
An academic and cultural adventure
Studying abroad not only provides life changing opportunities, but it is also an academic and cultural adventure – An adventure that allows you to move across the globe, and continue to undertake your academic studies, while fully immersing yourself in Australian culture.
Australian culture is certainly on offer at USC Sunshine Coast. Located in the sunny state of Queensland on Australia’s east coast and only a short 1-hour drive north of the state’s capital, Brisbane – the Sunshine Coast is a destination of endless beaches, lush rainforests, and expansive hinterlands. It is home to the architecturally diverse USC Sunshine Coast campus – a campus renowned for its pioneering environmental sustainability approach.
Memories to last a lifetime
At USC Sunshine Coast, you will become one of the locals in no time and enjoy making friends with Australians, while also meeting students from around the world. The friendships, experiences and memories you make at USC are sure to last a lifetime.
Study Abroad students are eligible to undertake 3 or 4 courses (36 or 48 units) per semester and can choose from a wide range of disciplines. For a full list of courses available with the Study Abroad program visit our Study Abroad course list.
How to choose your courses
- Read the 'Important Information' regarding choosing courses and relevant levels
- There are two main course choice lists:
- Choose the relevant semester and review each course to see which are of interest to you
- Nominate the 3 or 4 courses* that you wish to undertake via the Study Abroad application form
* The standard course load for this program is 3 or 4 courses (36 or 48 units). We recommend you choose more courses at the point of application, to be prepared for possible timetable clashes.
Study Abroad course approval
Requesting course approval from USC is easy! When we receive your complete application with your nominated courses, we will assess your eligibility and let you know by email which courses have been approved.
Remember, any course that is on the pre-approval list you has already been approved by USC and you do not require further approval from us prior to enrolment.
For students applying via their home institution
If you are currently enrolled at a tertiary institution, you need to check with your home institution about the possibility of credit transfer for courses studied at USC.
Choose your courses and have them approved by USC and your home institution before you arrive.
Information for students interested in Study Abroad (Postgraduate)
USC offers a limited number of Postgraduate level courses to students who are currently enrolled in a Master level program at their institution or who have completed their undergraduate studies.
For more information, including tuition fees and a course list, contact USC International.