High Performance Student Athletes (HPSA's) enjoy USC's five-star student support and the following exclusive benefits.
Special entry to degree programs
- Prospective HPSAs are eligible to apply for USC’s Elite Athlete adjustment
Exclusive access to world-class facilities
- Access to USC Sport Performance Clinic Services
- Complimentary use of USC's sport and fitness facilities
- Access to the High Performance Student Athlete Lounge
- 12 month USC Gym membership
- Parking permit valued at $100 per semester
- USC High Performance Student Athlete shirt
Personal development opportunities
- HPSA Program induction
- Student athlete focused workshops on topics from media training and sponsorship to nutrition and recovery.
- Access to high performance sport mentors
- Student athlete leadership initiatives
- Regular social activities
- Counselling and psychological services
Tailored academic and career support
- Early enrolment to support competition and training schedules
- Early assessment of academic preparedness to receive personalised information and advice
- Facilitated access to academic skills and learner-to-learner support
- Pre-semester skills preparation and workshops
- Small group and one-to-one support for learning and skill development from experienced peers, academic advisers and specialist staff
- Access to drop-in sessions to develop both subject matter understanding and academic and technical skills
- Employment services
- Advocacy within both academic and sporting environments to support study/sport balance
Scholarships and financial assistance
Applicants must be currently enrolled as a USC student in an undergraduate or post graduate program and meet one of the following criteria:
- Tier 1- Gold: Actively competing at the open national or international level in a sport recognised by Sport Australia OR actively competing in a top Australian professional sporting league
- Tier 2- Silver: Actively competing as a youth age group athlete at the international level in a sport recognised by Sport Australia OR a member of a feeder squad for a top Australian professional sporting league
- Tier 3- Bronze: Actively competing at either the junior or open national level in a sport recognised by Sport Australia OR actively competing in a top state professional sporting league
USC students who are coaching or refereeing at the above levels are also eligible for this program.
How to apply
Complete the application form below uploading documentary evidence of your competition level by the due date.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application within 5 working days.
Applications for semester 2 2020 close at 5pm 14 August 2020
Coordinator, High Performance Student Program
Tel: +61 7 5430 1210