Commitment in action
UniSC is committed to preventing, protecting and providing an effective response for those impacted by Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment (SASH). The University has a dedicated Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Prevention and Response Taskforce with commitment underpinned by policy and action at the highest level. We strive to create pathways for change and bring leadership, action and evidence-based research to the issue. Our goal—end sexual violence in all its forms.
Policy at the highest level
- Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment and Respectful Relationships (Students) - Governing Policy
- Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment and Respectful Relationships (Students) - Procedures
- Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Action Plan
- UniSC Student Charter
Reporting and accountability
UniSC joins universities around Australia in transparent reporting of incidences of sexual assault and harassment to better understand, and respond.
- SASH Action Plan Update – Q4, 2023 (PDF 316KB)
- Student Sexual Assault and Sexual harassment reports Year-on-Year Comparison 2021-2023 (PDF 207KB)
- Universities Australia's 2021 National Student Safety Survey
Prevention and response
Your safety and security are our highest priority. We create safer campuses and promote a culture of respect in the following ways:
- Confidential, trauma-informed support for those impacted by sexual assault and sexual harassment.
- A single point of contact to anonymously report an incident.
- Dedicated response teams with specialist-trained staff through Safer Communities.
- University-wide awareness and information campaigns around consent, respectful relationships and bystander intervention.
- Compulsory training modules for all commencing staff and students.
- First Responder training for staff and student leaders and specialised bystander intervention support.
- Information and resources around sexual assault and sexual harassment support and reporting.
- SafeUniSC officers available 24 hours a day for security, access and safety escorts.
- A SafeZone app for emergency responses to connect to SafeUniSC team or emergency services.