This free course is for anyone thinking of taking the first steps to study at university or TAFE and is run over 2 consecutive days.
The course is facilitated by experienced USC advisers and is especially designed for adults of all ages who have not undertaken formal study for some years, or who did not finish high school.
About the course
The course aims to:
- demystify higher education
- build your confidence and skills in a supportive space through creating a cooperative group environment for learning
- turn your current formal and informal learning abilities gained from work and life experience into academic reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
- introduce you to key concepts and structures of writing for a higher education environment
- enhance your capacity around educational pathway decision-making
- there are no tuition fees for this course
- 18+ years, during the year in which the course is held
- workbooks are provided for the duration of the course, free of charge
There are no tests, assignments or exams.
This course cannot be used towards gaining admission into a USC program.
For further information on USC's bridging program, visit Tertiary Preparation Pathway.
USC Sunshine Coast (Sippy Downs)
Dates: Tuesday 17 – Wednesday 18 November 2020
Room: Building J, Level 2, Room J2.03
USC Fraser Coast
Dates: Tuesday 3 – Wednesday 4 November 2020
Room: A Block, Level 1, Room A1.22
Dates: Tuesday 10 – Wednesday 11 November 2020
Room: G Block, Ground Floor, Room G.19
Dates: Tuesday 24 – Wednesday 25 November 2020
Room: J Block, Second Floor, CAJ2.02
USC Moreton Bay
Dates: Tuesday 1 – Wednesday 2 December 2020
Room: Run online via Zoom
Courses will run subject to final number of registrations. Please register to avoid disappointment.
During this program, you will produce a short piece of academic writing.
Starting with a personal point of view on a topical issue, you will develop your skills as a researcher and writer as you turn those initial thoughts into a well-crafted, defensible statement on the topic.
You will also further develop your existing understanding of potential study pathways, through exploring your interests, values, and transferable skills.
Career Development staff will be available for individual consultations on completion of the course. Speak to your facilitator for further information.
"US4U gave me the confidence to take the next step in my education."
Ready to register for the Uni Skills for You course?
If you are interested in registering for the next available course in your region, please complete the form below. For further enquiries contact the Access and Diversity unit of Student Services and Engagement on:
Telephone: +61 7 5430 2893