Graduate Certificate in Health Promotion
For those wanting to integrate health promotion, primary prevention or population approaches into their existing role or for those seeking a career change. Keeping populations healthy and well requires innovative responses to ensure a sustainable future and health care system. Be part of the solution when complex social and environmental public health challenges such as the COVID-19 pandemic emerge.
In this program you will:
- Develop health promotion knowledge and skills to apply in diverse sectors to promote health and wellbeing
- Learn the principles underpinning health promotion and public health
- Learn to research, design, implement and evaluate evidence-based health promotion action in various settings
DurationFull-time or equivalent part-time Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
Indicative 2023 fees ($AUD)CSP / Fee-paying
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
Please note that offshore international students enrolling in this program can only study it fully online. This program is not available to onshore international students on a Student Visa.
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Delivery mode
- Total courses
- Total units
- 6 months 6 months
- UniSC program code
Required courses (2) 24 units
PUB600 Public Health Research and Evidence
Plus select 1 course (12 units) from:
Elective courses (2) 24 units
Select 2 courses (24 units) from:
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Completion of a recognised AQF Level 7 bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognised higher education institution. Non-graduates with extensive relevant industry experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional entry information
Standard English language requirements apply.
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 48 units as outlined in the program structure
- Completing this program within the specified (full-time) duration is based on studying 48 unit points per semester (normally 4 courses) and following the recommended study sequence
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Refer to the Managing your progression page for help in understanding your program structure, reviewing your progress and planning remaining courses.
- Community engagement officer in government
- Community organisations
- Community worker
- Health education officer
- Health promotion worker
- Private industry
- Project manager
- Project worker
- Social advocate
Graduates may be eligible to become members of:
- Australian Health Promotion Association
- International Union for Health Promotion and Education
- Public Health Association of Australia
- CSP estimate
- Fee-paying estimate
- A$10,676 - 2023 Fees
Commonwealth supported places
Commonwealth supported places are substantially subsidised by the Australian Government so that students only pay 'student contribution" amounts. The student contribution amount will vary depending on the course you are studying and how much funding the Government provides.
If you accept a Commonwealth supported place you are a Commonwealth supported student. As a Commonwealth supported student you must make a contribution towards the cost of your education (unless you are enrolled in Enabling or Tertiary Preparation Pathway courses) with the majority of the cost met by the Commonwealth Government.
Commonwealth supported places are only available to domestic students. As a domestic student you are entitled to a Commonwealth supported place in an eligible program if you:
- meet the citizenship and residency requirements
- complete an electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF)
- meet the University's entry requirements for your chosen program.
“USC opened my world to many possibilities, new knowledge and new ways of thinking. It has completely changed me as a person.”