Graduate Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
An introduction to the evidence-based application of cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT). It is designed for psychology graduates working in an allied health field, such as community work, social care and health settings.
In this program you will:
- Become equipped to use the principles of CBT in day-to-day work with clients who are experiencing high prevalence mental disorders such as anxiety and depression
- Provides both theoretical and practical skills in using CBT to work within a multidisciplinary team to reduce client distress and improve psychological functioning
- Participate in professional skills work, comprising a mixture of preparation, simulated client work, and supervision activities
This program is not currently open for applications
DurationFull-time or equivalent part-time Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
Indicative 2023 fees ($AUD)Fee-paying
Additional entry information
Standard English language requirements apply.
Completion of 4-year accredited sequence in psychology
- Recommended prior study
- Successfully complete 48 units as outlined in the program structure
- The Program is available part-time only, commencing Semester 1
- Courses completed under this program can not be applied as credit toward the Master of Professional Psychology and the Master of Psychology (Clinical)
- Completing this program within the specified (part-time) duration is based on studying 24 unit points per semester (normally 2 courses) and following the recommended study sequence
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Refer to the Managing your progression page for help in understanding your program structure, reviewing your progress and planning remaining courses.
- Aged care
- Allied health
- Community work
- Miscellaneous health settings
- Social care
- Fee-paying estimate
- A$10,676 - 2023 Fees
Postgraduate coursework places
All postgraduate coursework programs are subject to tuition fees unless the postgraduate program is offered under Commonwealth support arrangements.
Eligible students (Australian citizens, permanent humanitarian visa holders and New Zealand Citizens who hold a Special Category Visa and meet the eligibility requirements) may seek assistance to defer payment via a FEE-HELP loan.
Neuroscience is such an emerging field, but it has the ability to help us fine-tune what we are offering kids and to intervene before conditions become difficult to treat. I didn’t want to finish because I just loved the course so much, so now I would like go on to do a doctorate".