The course explores legal dimensions of professional practice. Students will learn how values influence decisions and actions in practice using ethical theories, ethico-legal principles and law. Attention is given to understanding ethics and law as the linked capacities to act for the rights and well-being of people, animals and the ecosystem is considered. The course provides students with ideas and skills for building ethical literacy, resolving ethical dilemmas, interpreting legislation and understanding the importance of professional integrity in complex human services practice settings.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1
- Online: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4A
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A: Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.