The course explores significant cultural and historical factors that shaped Australian Indigenous lives since colonial settlement and examines their effects in contemporary Indigenous communities and families. Local examples and contexts are used to enhance understanding of national issues and policies. with particular attention to Indigenous responses to government policies and practices, and their ongoing impact. The course will enable you to engage directly with Indigenous sources and to critically analyse the main implications of Indigenous perspectives for the knowledge and professional practices in your chosen field.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Online: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4C
- Tuition fee
- 1.4C: History, Indigenous Studies, Legal, Just and Law Enfor nec
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.