Genetics is integral to biology because organisms are a product of both genetics and their environment. This central tenet is the basis of the course. You learn the foundations of how genes are transmitted and inherited (the rules of inheritance) and how these rules are modified. You apply this knowledge to analyse scenarios using techniques to understand the mode of inheritance and solve genetics problems. This course helps you to better understand areas as diverse as evolution, medical counselling and ethics, the biology of development, the dynamics of populations and molecular biology.
- LFS100 or (LFS103 and enrolled in Program SE303, AE304, SC355, SC357 or SC354)
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.