This course will enable nursing and midwifery students to analyse practices and issues related to the provision of health care and health education where health providers and clients share culturally diverse backgrounds. Particular interest will be given to: the health inequities that are currently present in the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population in comparison to their mainstream Australian counterparts; and developing the skills and knowledge that nursing and midwifery students need to communicate effectively to work with people from cultures other than their own.
- NUR117 or NUR141 or HLT132 and enrolled in Program SC391, SC392 or SC393
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Online: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 3.1: Nursing, Midwifery, Foreign Languages
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.