Computer aided engineering (CAE) is now a common step in the design of engineering structures. This course builds on the knowledge and skills gained in Mechanics of Materials and Dynamics 1. You will gain an understanding of the operation and limitations of CAE systems. You will have the opportunity to develop the skills required to design such structures and systems. Material presented includes a brief discussion on the architecture of CAE systems, numerical methods and finite element methods. Considerable emphasis is placed on the appropriate use of the finite element method in the design process.
- ENG227 or MEC227 or MCH200 and (ENG205 or MEC205 or MEC2401) and (ENG221 or MEC221) and enrolled in Program SC405 or SC411
- MEC3302 or ENG303
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.