You will study the basic principles of molecular biology by discovering the interplay of molecules that underpin life and enable genetic engineering, biotechnology and bioinformatics and synthetic biology fields. You will understand concepts relating to DNA structure, the genetic code, replication, and repair; and how RNA is transcribed, regulated, and functions within cells. You will also understand how proteins are translated, folded, and their myriad functions and perform key molecular techniques including PCR, cloning, sequencing, and protein production.
- LFS100 or (LFS103 and enrolled in Program SE303, AE304, SC355, SC357 or SC354)
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.