You will study the basic principles of molecular biology by discovering the interplay of molecules that underpin life and enable genetic engineering, biotechnology, bioinformatics and synthetic biology fields. You will understand concepts relating to DNA structure, the genetic code, replication, and repair; and how RNA is transcribed, regulated, and functions within cells. You will also understand how proteins are translated, folded, and their myriad functions. You will perform key molecular techniques including PCR, cloning, sequencing, and protein production, in a practical series that progress a goal.
- LFS100 or (LFS103 and enrolled in Program SE303, AE304, SC355, SC357 or SC354)
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- Science, Engineering, Surveying:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.