This course will heighten students' awareness of systematic aspects impacting orthotic and prosthetic professional practice and provide the opportunity to understand the impact of this information within the work integrated learning environment. Students will explore the legal and ethical nature of funding, documentation, legislation, and policies that affect clinical practice. Work integrated learning will occur in role-emerging areas, simulated scenarios, and related fields and students will develop their professional identity, collaboration and communication skills and ethical reasoning.
- OCC232 and HLT320 and enrolled in Program SC367 or SC307 and a Prosthetics & Orthotics Extended Major
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Session 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2A
- Tuition fee
- 2.2A: Computing, Built Environment, Other Health
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.