This course explores the historical contexts (18th-19th century events) and ramifications (20th-21st century events) of nationhood, national identity and nationalism, encompassing key issues and events (e.g. First and Second World Wars, fall of the Soviet Union) and prominent nationalist movements. Students will develop a layered and wide-reaching understanding of 20th-21st century history that ranges across European, Asian, North and South American and Australian contexts, and that has on-going relevance today.
- Any 2 courses or AB101, XU301, UU301 or UU302
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4C
- Tuition fee
- 1.4C: History, Indigenous Studies, Legal, Just and Law Enfor nec
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.