Genetics play a crucial role in addressing societal challenges - solving medical mysteries & feeding the world’s population. This course focusses on 5 main areas: medical genetics to improve health, population genetics to understand evolutionary forces & changing environments, agriculture to produce quality food, bacterial/viral genetics & bioinformatics to overcome disease challenges, & genetics & applications in society. You will learn modern concepts & apply acquired knowledge to undertake your own inquiry into the nature of future research & development in this area of science.
- LFS100 or SCI102 or (LFS103 and enrolled in program SC355, SC357 or SC354)
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.