This course prepares you to analyse hydrology data and design water storage and conveyance systems. Topics include the capacity-yield and behavioural characteristics of surface reservoirs, stormwater system design including detention and retention storage designs and the capabilities of urban rainfall-runoff models for simulating the quantity and quality environmental impacts of stormwater runoff. Included in the course are the methods employed to design decentralised water management systems (Water Sensitive Urban Design), which is increasingly a requirement for new developments in SE Qld.
- (MTH202 or MTH104) and (ENS314 or ENG330 or CIV330)
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.