The course introduces you to theories and models of English language teaching and the accompanying practice relevant to children's development from the acquisition stage of learning through to Year 6. You will engage in studies of 'how' and 'why' it is important to differentiate instruction to teach reading, writing, listening and speaking to children from a broad range of contexts. A variety of teaching strategies will be explored and you will gain competence in matching teaching strategies to student's use of cueing systems and processing strategies. You will learn how to assess students' reading and writing competence.
- Enrolled in Program AB101, ED301, ED303, ED304, ED306, AE301, AE302, BE301, SE301, ED601, ED602, ED603, ED503, UU301, UU302 or XU301.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band IA
- Tuition fee
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.