This course will introduce you to the pedagogy and curriculum of Health and Physical Education in the early years of schooling to Year 6. There will be a focus on developing skills in planning movement experiences and methodologies of teaching fundamental motor skills; teaching strategies for active participation in physical activities; theoretical and practical aspects of teaching health and assessing learning outcomes expressed in curriculum documents. Emphasis will also be placed on facilitating play-based environments that are inclusive and address children's diverse physical competencies.
- Enrolled in Program AB101, ED303, ED304, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Caboolture: Semester 1
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1
- Gympie: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 2.1: Mathematics, Education, Language, Literature, Clinical Psych
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.