This course will build knowledge and skills for working effectively with victims and offenders in the criminal justice system. You will learn about trauma and the impacts of crime, challenges faced by victims in the criminal justice system, and their support and service needs. With a focus on offender rehabilitation, this course will also introduce you to key concepts, empirical evidence, and professional skills needed to work effectively with offenders. In addition, relevant professional and ethical considerations, and self-reflection and self-care, will be explored.
- Enrolled in Program AB316, AR325, AR374, AR362, AR375, AR363, AR364, AR316 or AR396 and completed 96 units
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Online: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4D
- Tuition fee
- 1.4D: Human Society, Society & Culture, Sport & Recreation
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.