This course will build the knowledge and skills required to work effectively with victims and offenders within the criminal justice system. You will be introduced to the field of victimology, and will learn about the impacts of crime, challenges faced by victims within the criminal justice system, and their support and service needs. With a focus on offender rehabilitation, this course will also introduce you to key concepts, empirical evidence, and the professional skills needed to work effectively with offenders. In addition, relevant professional and ethical considerations, and the importance of self-reflection and self-care, will be explored.
- Enrolled in Program AR325, AR374, AR362, AR375, AR363, AR364, AR316 or AR396 and completed 96 units
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4
- Tuition fee
- 1.4D: Human Society, Society & Culture, Sport & Recreation
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.