This course establishes the basic pre-requisite knowledge for you to major in accounting or to complement your non-accounting major with accounting literacy. It is structured so that you will learn how to apply the concepts and processes of financial accounting and develop an introductory understanding of how accounting information is used for decision making. In this course you will apply critical thinking skills to interpret business transactions, complete the accounting cycle, prepare and analyse financial statements, and evaluate control, and you will develop skills in digital literacy communication using business software applications. This course is a key introductory course for students who wish to complete an accounting degree and pursue a career in the accounting profession. It is also appealing to students from other disciplines, who recognise the importance of accounting knowledge in the modern business environment.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Online: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4
- Tuition fee
- 1.4B: Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Management
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.