Learn to research health issues in a clinical setting
Pursue your passion for health care in this honours program that has a strong focus on clinical practice. As part of this degree, you’ll develop your research capabilities through coursework and undertake a research project where you’ll learn more about a contemporary health issue that sparks your interest.
- Campus note: Moreton Bay program offered online
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
- Program coordinator
- Associate Professor Lauren Kearney
There are opportunities to collaborate with experienced researchers in fields such as maternal and child health, acute and complex care of adults and health professional education.
Our program is designed to help you transition from being a registered nurse to an academic or professional role.
In this program you will:
- Undertake a research project of your choice
- Develop knowledge of research in health care and selected research methodologies and methods
- Learn about health care and research from experienced supervisors working in the industry
- AQF Level 7 Bachelor of Nursing Science award (or equivalent)
- Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- English language requirements
- GPA of 5.0 over the second and third year of the degree program
- Registered nurse in a wide range of practice contexts and roles
- Nurse researcher
- Academic career pathway
Graduates are eligible to become members of:
- Australian College of Nursing
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.