Take your first step into midwifery research
Our one-year honours program has a strong focus on clinical practice and allows registered midwives to research contemporary health issues. You’ll develop your research capabilities through coursework and a research project focused on a topic you’re passionate about.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
- Program coordinator
- Associate Professor Jo Wu
At the end of the program, you’ll have clinical practice knowledge and will be able to undertake research within a midwifery practice. Take advantage of advanced roles that develop within the health precinct on the Sunshine Coast, new maternity services and models, and increasing demand for midwifery researchers.
In this program you will:
- Research contemporary health issues relating to pregnancy or midwifery practice
- Complete a research project
- Choose your topic area to research
- AQF Level 7 Bachelor of Midwifery award (or equivalent)
- Registered with AHPRA
- Meet the English language requirement
- GPA of 5.0 over the second and third year of the degree program
Graduates will be eligible to apply for membership to the Australian College of Midwives.
- Registered Midwife in a wide range of practice contexts and roles
- Midwifery researcher
- Pathway to an academic career
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.