This course extends your knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ways of learning in education contexts. Through interactions with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, you critically reflect on cultural beliefs and professional practice and develop skills to evaluate and ameliorate the impact of dominant pedagogies and discourses on learners. You will learn how to embed these perspectives and communicate and utilise equitable and differentiated teaching strategies that demonstrate a commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education.
- Enrolled in Program AB101, ED303, ED304, ED306, ED307, AE304, SE303, ED315, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer*:
- Caboolture Hub: Semester 1
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1
- Gympie: Semester 1
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Session 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band IA
- Tuition fee:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.