Scholarship applications for Semester 2 2023 are now open and will close on 31 May 2023.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by close of business, 31 August 2023.
Zonta International is a worldwide service organisation of female executives in business and the professions. Zonta works to improve the legal, political, economic, health, educational and professional status of women. Founded in 1919 in Buffalo, New York, USA; there are now more than 27,000 Zontians in over 1,200 clubs in 63 countries and geographical areas. The name Zonta is based upon a Sioux Indian word meaning “honest and trustworthy”. The emblem is a composite of Sioux Indian symbols.
The Zonta Pine Rivers Bursary will be awarded to a female student who is enrolled in any program and studying at the UniSC Moreton Bay Campus. The Bursary aims to support undergraduate students in financial need, assisting with study related costs such as textbooks, food and transportation.
The bursary will be paid in one lump-sum payment of A$2,000 approximately three weeks after Census date, once enrolment has been confirmed in Semester 2 of each year.
Please Note: This bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship or bursary will not be awarded.
- full-time female student enrolled in any undergraduate program at the UniSC Moreton Bay Campus
- successful completion of at least 8 courses (96 units)
- minimum GPA 4.0
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder, or Permanent Resident of Australia.
- Selection criteria
• financial need
• hours worked in paid employment or commitment to activities that impact on the time available for the student to study (e.g. compulsory fieldwork placement, significant carer responsibilities)
• academic merit
• preference will be given to residents of Moreton Bay Regional Council Divisions 7,8,9,10 and 11
- Eligible programs
- All programs
- Number available