Applications for Semester 2, 2020 are now closed.
Selections will be held in July/August with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by close of business on Friday 28 August 2020.
Female indigenous students enrolled full-time in any USC undergraduate degree
Graduate Women Queensland Inc Sunshine Coast Branch (GWQ SC) aim to promote the advancement of women through education and provide significant and long-standing support for USC students through a range of bursaries. In 2019, GWQ SC have generously offered support to Indigenous female students at USC through funds provided by the sale of paintings by GWQ SC member, Sally Chandler, who was inspired by a trip to Central Australia.
GWQ SC shall donate funds to support female Indigenous undergraduate students in financial need. Student recipients will receive the bursary funds as a lump sum following enrolment checks after Census date in the relevant semester.
Please note: This bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the bursary will not be awarded.
- female Indigenous students
- full-time undergraduate students enrolled in any program at USC
- completed at least one semester at USC (48 units)
- minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder or permanent resident of Australia
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- hours worked in paid employment or commitment to activities that impact on the time available for the student to study (e.g. compulsory fieldwork placement, significant carer responsibilities)
- academic merit
- Eligible programs
- All programs
- Number available