In this online course, you will increase your knowledge and understanding of the concepts and theories underpinning athlete and coach welfare at both the elite and community level. You will further your understanding of factors influencing athlete and coach wellness and identify, analyse and evaluate the various support structures in place within sports organisations as well as the potential impact of such organisations’ policies on athlete and coach welfare. You will also be introduced to the notion of club culture; the factors that may contribute to it or erode it and management and communication strategies which positively develop sporting clubs.
- Course Coordinator Consent Required and SPX101
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Online: Not Currently Offered
- Student contribution band
- Band 4D
- Tuition fee
- 1.4D: Human Society, Society & Culture, Sport & Recreation
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.