This introductory course presents the founding values and philosophies of occupational therapy which inform the scope of occupational therapy practice in Australia. An overview of the evolution of the occupational therapy profession will be presented. Contemporary theories and concepts, that frame our understanding of the relationship between occupation and health, will be explored. Factors that influence how people engage in meaningful occupations will be discussed.
- Enrolled in Program SC440
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2A
- Tuition fee
- 2.2A: Computing, Built Environment, Other Health
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.