Advanced sports nutrition is an advanced level course that provides you with an understanding of the key principles of sports nutrition and its practical application to both active lifestyle/recreational individuals and competitive athletes. The course builds upon knowledge and skills acquired in NUT203 Active Lifestyle Nutrition. You will learn about the impact of training and competition on energy and macronutrient, micronutrient needs, fluid requirements and supplement guidance according to specific sporting groups. You will be required to examine the role of nutrition for individuals in terms of enhancing exercise performance, while also addressing the requirements for overall health.
- (NUT203 or NUT202 or NUT352) or (NUT212 and enrolled in Program SC344 or SC347)
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2A
- Tuition fee
- 2.2A: Computing, Built Environment, Other Health
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.