Discrete Mathematics embraces several topical areas of mathematics and is the study of objects and systems that assume only distinct values, such as integers. In this course, you learn how to work with mathematical reasoning to solve problems in set and number theory, logic and proofs, Boolean algebra, combinatorics, elementary probability, relations and functions, recursion, graph theory, and algorithm development as it applies to computer science.
- MTH101 or MTH102 or MTH103
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 2.1: Mathematics, Education, Language, Literature, Clinical Psych
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.