Histology is the area of general pathology concerning cells, tissues and organs in the human body. Basic tissue types -epithelium, connective tissue, muscle, nerves followed by the arrangement of tissues in major organ systems, including the circulatory, lymphatic, integumentary, skeletal, nervous, respiratory, digestive, urinary, endocrine, exocrine and reproductive systems will be covered. Development in histological techniques used in pathology services, including light microscopy, fixation, staining, embedding, sectioning and immunohistochemistry will also be assessed.
- LFS100 and enrolled in Program SC211 or SC385
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Session 6
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.