This course provides an introduction to haematology, an area of general pathology that is concerned with diseases that affect the blood, such as blood clotting disorders, anaemias, lymphomas, leukaemias, thrombosis, coagulation disorders and haemoglobinopathies. Blood transfusion and bone marrow transplantation also will be discussed during the course. Competencies in haematological techniques conducted in pathology laboratories including, complete blood count, blood grouping, blood films, differential count, staining methods for microscopy, and coagulation tests will be assessed.
- Enrolled in Program SC385, SC211, SC357 or SC355
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.