This course introduces you to the world of microbiology, the basis of higher life forms. You learn the fundamental theory and laboratory skills needed to understand microbial isolation, growth, diversity, reproduction, physiology, metabolism and identification. You also study the distribution of microorganisms in nature, their relationship to each other and to other living things as well as their beneficial and detrimental effects. Gain of ethics and laboratory skills is an essential component of the course as well as understanding the theory behind each experiment.
- SCI103 or LFS100 or LFS103 or AB101, UU301 or XU301
- MEP263 or MBT263
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- Science, Engineering, Surveying:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.