This course introduces you to criminal procedure. You will consider the operations of the criminal justice system in some detail, acquiring knowledge of police powers of investigation, arrest and questioning, bail, criminal trials, sentencing, and appeals against conviction and sentence. While the course deals primarily with criminal law and procedure in Queensland, you will also consider criminal procedure under Commonwealth law as well as comparative materials from other jurisdictions.
- LAW103 and enrolled in any Law Program
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4B
- Tuition fee
- 1.4B: Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Management
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.