This course introduces you to the Australian legal system and the skills required to study law. This course will involve three modules: foundational legal skills and institutions, case law and legislation. You will study legal institutions and method to develop critical skills in finding, interpreting and applying the key sources of law: legislation and common law. You will also start to develop your legal writing and referencing skills which will be crucial for your study of law.
- Enrolled in any Law Program or AB101, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4B
- Tuition fee
- 1.4B: Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Management
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.