In this course you develop foundational midwifery knowledge and skills. You undertake clinical experience placements across the maternity care continuum (120 hours). You will be supported and supervised by experienced practitioners and critically self-appraise your practice. Your facilitator will evaluate your work at an introductory student level against the NMBA Midwife Standards for Practice. In addition, you will work towards meeting the required midwifery practice experiences for the program and continue your Continuity of Care experiences (CONNECT).
- HLT121 and HLT132 and enrolled in Program SC393 OR
- HLT121 and HLT132 and students who have received RN pathway credit
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 3.1: Nursing, Midwifery, Foreign Languages
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.