This introductory course will build your awareness prosthetic and orthotic practice through topics ranging from terminology, scope of practice, and material science concepts related to prosthetic and orthotic design. Practical exposure to the technical skills is done through a series of projects that will familiarise you to the tools and methods used in practice that will be used in future coursework. This course will start to develop your sense of professionalism and understanding of the scope of practice of a prosthetist/orthotist.
- Enrolled in Program SC307
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2A
- Tuition fee
- 2.2A: Computing, Built Environment, Other Health
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.