This course will introduce you to the application of drones as mapping platforms for environmental applications. You will learn about the basics of aerodynamics, flight navigation systems, legislation, data analysis and have hands-on practical experience flying small drones (< 2 kg). The emphasis of the course is on employing rigorous science for processing imagery acquired with drones and deriving and visualising a range of 3D mapping and classification products.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3-2: Mathematics,Statistics,Computing,Built Environment,OtherHlth
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.